The fourth and likely final beta for WordPress 4.0 is now available. They have’ve made more than 250 changes in the past month, including:
- Further improvements to the editor scrolling experience, especially when it comes to the second column of boxes.
- Better handling of small screens in the media library modals.
- A separate bulk selection mode for the media library grid view.
- Improvements to the installation language selector.
- Visual tweaks to plugin details and customizer panels.
They are still aiming for a release this month, which means the next week will be critical for identifying and squashing bugs.
This software is still in development, so WordPress does not recommend running it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.0, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”).
To try WordPress 4.0 Beta 4 click here